Ushers are an integral part of our parish life. Our ushers faithfully perform their duties for our parishioners and guests during the weekend Masses and on Holy Days of Obligation.
In addition to the more familiar tasks of passing out the collection baskets during Mass and distributing church bulletins after Mass, our ushers carry out a number of important tasks to serve the parishioners. These include -
- Greeting the parishioners and visitors as they enter the church for Mass
- Finding seating for congregants when the church is crowded
- Helping the disabled and if requested, arranging to have Holy Communion brought to their pews
- Ensuring that congregants are available for the Offertory Presentation of the Gifts
- Arranging for parishioners to light the Advent wreath candles
- Answering any questions that our parishioners or guests may have or directing them to the appropriate person if the usher does not know the answer